|Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc|
Cover of the first manga volume
((Kādokyaputā Sakura Kuria Kādo-hen))
|Genre||Magical girl, Romance|
|English publisher||NA Kodansha Comics|
|Original run||July, 2016 – present|
|Volumes||9 (so far) (List of volumes)|
|Original animation DVD|
|Directed by||Morio Asaka|
|Written by||Nanase Okawa|
|Music by||Takayuki Negishi|
|Released||September 13, 2017|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Morio Asaka|
|Written by||Nanase Ohkawa|
|Music by||Takayuki Negishi|
|Licensed by||NA Funimation|
|Network||NHK BS Premium|
|Original run||January 7, 2018 – present|
|Episodes||22 (List of episodes)|
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 Kādokyaputā Sakura Kuria Kādo-hen) is a Japanese shojo manga series written and illustrated by the manga group CLAMP. It is a sequel to Clamp's manga Cardcaptor Sakura and focuses on Sakura Kinomoto in junior high school. The manga began serialization in Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine with the July 2016 issue.
A 22-episode anime television series adaptation ( Episodes 71-92) by Madhouse, featuring the cast and staff from the original series, premiered in January 2018. However, it only adapts a few chapters of the manga, leaving the opportunity for a second and third season unknown to desperate fans.
The new series starts at the point where The Sealed Card movie leaves off when fourteen-year-old Sakura starts junior high school along her best friends - including Syaoran, who had just returned to Tomoeda.
After having a dream with a mysterious cloaked figure, all of Sakura's fifty-three cards "turn clear" and are rendered powerless; thus she starts her quest to find out what is wrong with them. In doing so, Sakura and her allies discover and capture new Clear Cards using a new key and incantation to "secure" them. Meanwhile, a topmost magician is waiting for the right time take the Cards in order for him to successfully work forbidden magics and finally realize his deepest wish.
- See also: Cardcaptor Sakura characters
While several characters can be considered main characters due to their importance to the plot, Sakura Kinomoto is the main protagonist of the story, and Yuna D. Kaito the main antagonist.
- Sakura Kinomoto - The main protagonist of the story, Sakura is now a junior high school student (7th grade) attending Tomoeda Middle School.
- Syaoran Li - Sakura's new boyfriend and one of her strongest allies; he goes to same school as Sakura and Tomoyo.
- Tomoyo Daidouji - The second cousin of Sakura Kinomoto. She becomes Sakura's primary assistant by designing "battle costumes" and filming all of her magical (and non-magical) endeavors, much to Sakura's embarrassment.
- Cerberus - The sentient and autonomous guardian beast of the book of fifty-three pink Sakura Cards (Clow Cards originally). He appointed Sakura the title of "Cardcaptor" in the original series. His magic centers on the Sun, Fire, Earth, and Light.
- Touya Kinomoto - Sakura's nineteen-year old older brother. He possesses minor spiritual powers that enable him to see spirits and communicate with those of the world of the dead. He can even enter into the spirit world itself by projecting his own spiritual essence. Another ability he possesses is physically detecting the presence of magical beings; similar to that of his younger sister's. He once had a romance with his eighth grade teacher, Kaho Mizuki, though they cut it off. He is gradually regaining his magical energy that he previously gave to Yue in the third season, and developing new magical abilities that he chooses not to reveal yet, even to Yue. His closest friend and confidant is Yukito, the temporary form of Yue; Yukito in turn considers Touya his "number one".
- Akiho Shinomoto - A new transfer student who has traveled all over the world, with her guardian and caretaker Kaito. She is shy and initially very quiet. She soon becomes a good friend to Sakura and Tomoyo, while Syaoran remains somewhat skeptical of her; though also treating her with respect.
- Yuna D. Kaito - The mysterious guardian and elder brother-like figure of the timid Akiho. He seems to be a possessor of vast magical power and talent, which is detected by Syaoran. According to Eriol, he is one of the top-ranked magicians of a dubious organization of elite sorcerers; thus being ranked with the title of "D" He is the main antagonist of the entire series. His goal to acquire certain Clear Cards from Sakura that possess certain powerful magical abilities to finally activate the supremely powerful taboo magic of Alice in Clockland.
- Yukito Tsukishiro - Yukito is the classmate and best friend of Touya Kinomoto and Sakura Kinomoto's very first childhood crush. He is the temporary form of Yue, second sentient Guardian of the Sakura Cards, whose personality is entirely separate from his true form.
- Yue - Yue is one of two Guardians of the Clow Cards, along with Cerberus. After the Final Judgment was concluded, he acknowledged Sakura as "Master of the Clow." He is the true form and genuine "alter ego" of Yukito. His magic centers on the Moon and elements Water, Air (Wind), and Dark (Shadow/Darkness).
- Eriol Hiiragizawa - The young reincarnation of Clow Reed himself. As the main antagonist of original anime's third and final season, he had created dangerous incidents to give Sakura a reason to convert all fifty-three Clow Cards into her own Cards. He keeps in touch from time to time. He is made aware of topmost sorcerer Yuna D. Kaito by Syaoran and from further digging, discovers that he was expelled from the English magic society for "losing" the forbidden ancient relic they were hiding. Since being weakened by Kaito's attack, he instructs Spiner and Ruby to return to Tomeoeda to help Syaoran, Keroberos and Yue to protect Sakura in the inevitable fight against Kaito, while he recuperates under Kaho's care.
- Kaho Mizuki - The former fourth grade teacher of Tomoeda Elementary School of the original series' second season, and Touya's former girlfriend. She is a great friend of Eriol's, and had helped him many times, to fully prepare Sakura for transforming all Clow Cards into her own cards. She is Eriol's lover.
- Rika Sasaki- A good friend and former classmate of Sakura, Tomoyo and Syaoran of elementary school. Since middle school, she has been transferred to another school. She later returns to give Sakura a popup book of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, which Sakura gives to Akiho. She is much taller and slimmer since the original anime, as two years passed since then.
- Spinel Sun - The catlike counterpart of Kerberos. He is a black panther who can breathe red fire, and fly using his wings.
- Ruby Moon - The female counterpart of Yue who was created by Eriol's extraordinarily powerful moon magic. She can use her wings to fly, and generate sharp projectiles of pink crystals, similar to Yue's gray crystal projectiles.
- Momo- A small rabbit-like creature created by Kaito's supreme magic. Her purpose is similar to that of Spinner and Keroberos, to defend Kaito and help him finally realize his deepest wish. Her true form and eyes are yet to be seen. She seems to have been created from Alice in Clockland itself, as she seems to be its personal keeper as opposed to having been created by Kaito's D magic.
- See also: List of Cardcaptor Sakura chapters
A sequel manga series titled Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Hen (カードキャプターさくらクリアカード編 Kādokyaputā Sakura Kuria Kado-hen?) began serialization in Nakayoshi from the July 2016 issue and sold on June 3. This sequel follows Sakura in junior high school and introduces the mysterious "clearing" of the fifty-three Sakura Cards.
- See also: Clear Card Arc (anime)
An anime television series adaptation of the Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Edition sequel manga was announced for January 7th, 2018, with Asaka, Ohkawa, and Madhouse returning from the original anime series to direct, write, and produce the new adaptation, respectively. The main cast from the original anime also return to reprise their roles. It lasted for 22 episodes .
Home Release Contents Gallery