|Sakura, Panda, and a Cute Shop|
|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||May 5, 1998|
|Cards Captured||The Jump|
Sakura's Tiring Sunday
Sakura and Her Memories of Her Mother
Sakura, Panda, and a Cute Shop (さくらとパンダとかわいいお店, Sakura to Panda to Kawaii Omise) is the 5th episode of the first series of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Trouble at Twin Bells".
On the way to school, Sakura meets Maki Matsumoto who is opening a stuff doll shop called Twin Bells. Sakura and her friends visit the shop after school to find most of the merchandise unpacked, so they offer to help. Chiharu Mihara, who has a fondness for stuffed animals, buys a stuffed panda, but it disappears shortly after taking it home.
Sakura discovers the panda back in Twin Bells. Maki explains the reason for opening the shop, and that her business has been plagued by mysterious happenings; almost forcing her to close down. While Tomoyo distracts Maki in the back, Sakura and Kero search the shop to find the Jump card; who escapes with all the stuffed dolls in the shop.
At the Penguin Park, the Jump grows into a gigantic beast by absorbing the stuffed dolls. It knocks itself out after it trips and falls, allowing Sakura to capture it.
- Maki: (to Tomoyo and Sakura about why she runs a shop) I was engaged. He was a designer, but he died in a car accident...He loved plush toys, and...told me that he wanted to sell plush toys, and that he'd designed in his own shop.
- Sakura: Miss Maki...
- Maki: If I quit...he'll be sad...But I can't do this anymore...
- Sakura: Kero, you said that there wouldn't be a card stupid enough to collect plush toys...
- Kero: Well, Jump in itself is like a plush toy. Maybe it just wanted friends?
- Sakura: A shop where something bad happens to you when you buy stuff there? You don't mean...getting something stolen?
- Tomoyo: Yes.
- Sakura: And that's Miss Maki's shop?
- Tomoyo: I can't say that for sure, it's a rumor in the toy store industry.
- Sakura: (thinking) Tomoyo's in the choir. She's really good at singing and has won many competitions. (listens to Tomoyo sing) It's a beautiful voice.
- Kero: (talking to a cat plushie) You're pretty good-looking.
- Sakura: What are you doing?!
- In the manga: The Jump was captured at Tokyo Tower, rather than in the Penguin King park.