|Sakura, Tomoyo, and the Ball Trap|
|Season 3, Episode 59|
|Air date||December 7, 1999|
|Cards Transformed||The Shadow|
Sakura and Double Trouble
Sakura and a Precious Friend
Sakura, Tomoyo, and the Ball Trap (さくらと知世とボールの罠, Sakura to Tomoyo to Booru no Wana) is the 59th episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Trapped."
Sakura grows in power for every Clow Card she transforms, while Yukito/Yue's energy begins to falter. Syaoran, in the meantime, has fully realized his love for Sakura and consults with Tomoyo, who helps him deal with his jealousy towards Eriol and gives him the confidence (just barely, though) to speak his mind to the oblivious Sakura. Before he can do so, however, both he and Sakura sense Clow Reed's presence once again, this time in the form of a self-moving basketball that leads them through the school at night.
Space has been warped in the building, causing every door to lead into a different room each time it re-opens, which closes before Tomoyo can enter the room. Sakura begins to lose hope of finding her, but Syaoran gives her the courage to proceed. Sakura then hears Tomoyo's singing voice and uses the transformed Shadow card to track her down. She later thanks Syaoran for all the help he has ever given her; Syaoran tries to confess his love to her, but is interrupted when Kero forces Sakura to pose with him for Tomoyo's camera.
Featured Clothes and Costumes
- Tomoyo: "Hey, Sakura, you don't seem to be as sleepy as you were before."
- Sakura: "No. The last time few times that I transformed the Cards, I felt fine afterwards."
- Tomoyo: "That proves that your powers have become a whole lot stronger than they used to be."
- Sakura: "Huh? My powers?"
- Tomoyo: "Every day you're getting even cuter, more beautiful and braver, too! And I manage to capture it perfectly on tape. Then there are the costumes I made you, so you'll look cool as well.Oh, I'm so happy. It makes mes dizzy."
- Yue: "No way. I can tell that it's you, Clow Reed. You're supposed to be dead."
- Eriol: "There is something that I had to deal with, and I didn't think I should tell you or Kero about it. I know that it's difficult for you.Your magical powers are disappearing quickly and your new master can't help you. There's someone else who can. But you have to be careful or you'll get into trouble, Yue. But I have to tell you, I find what's happening very interesting indeed. Things I never expected. But now I'm afraid you are not meant to know that I'm still alive. I think you'll forget it all."
- Yukito: "Huh? What happened here?"
- Eriol: "Hey, are you all right?"
- Yukito: "Did I just fall asleep?"
- Eriol: "Yeah."
- Yukito: "Darn it! I did it again. I'm sorry."