|Sakura, the Mirror and the Key of Memories|
|Season 1, Episode 21|
|Air date||June 3, 2018|
Sakura, Rainbows, and Grandpa
Sakura's Clear Cards
"Sakura, the Mirror and the Key of Memories" (さくらと鏡と思い出の鍵, Sakura to Kagami to Omoide no Kagi) is the twenty-first episode of Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc.
Sakura is given a ride home with her maternal great-grandfather, but she detects something very unusual along the way that she thinks that another Clear Card is wreaking havoc.
Meanwhile, Cerberus is furious at what is happening to Sakura, that he cannot even truly help his master and good friend. Eriol looks at the Clear Cards that have been already secured by Sakura. At home, Sakura's gift from her great-grandfather is revealed to be a jeweled, silver key in a red box.
- Mirror (debut)
Clear Cards Used
Clear Cards Sealed
Clothes and Costumes
- It is revealed that Fujitaka was, in fact, aware of his children possessing increasingly powerful magical strength and unique abilities related to sun, moon and star magic, and to the spirits and their immaterial world. Not possessing any such mystical prowess himself, he always felt left out, but knew it was something he could never fix.
- Episode 21, loosely based on chapter 22 of the manga and changed differently in the anime adaptation, Sakura's maternal great-grandfather Masaki gave her an gift of a key belongs to her late mother was originally a watch pendant from the manga version.
- A bit more about the British magical association is revealed by Eriol and flashbacks
- Keroberos: "So Akiho's butler might actually be a magician?"
- Eriol: "The house they live in was once torn down and replaced by an amusement park."
- Keroberos: "An amusement park? Then why does the same house still stand now?"
- Eriol: "That location is perfect for storing objects that hold a great amount of magical power. It has the ideal shape."
- Keroberos: "Did some magician make it that way?"
- Eriol: "Most likely."
- Yue: "Have you contacted that magic association?"
- Eriol: "I did, though their response was rather ambiguous. But I did learn one thing."
- Yue: "Which was?"
- Eriol: "This Yuna D. Kaito was excommunicated last year."
- Keroberos: "From the association!? No way! All you need is very strong magic and follow some basic rules, and you're good. Other than that, you can pretty much do whatever the heck you feel like. What did he do to get excommunicated!?"
- Eriol: "I did not know. So I looked into it via another source. I asked the head of the Li family."
- Keroberos: "The brat's mom, eh?"
- Yue: "What did you learn?"
- Eriol: "He was excommunicated because he lost a powerful relic that was never supposed to be removed from the association."
- Keroberos: "He lost it!? Is he some kind of klutz?"
- Eriol: " That's what they wrote in the records. But the rumors suggest that he simply took the item and left."
- Keroberos: "Would they even allow something like that?"
- Eriol: "No, obviously not. However, their hands are tied. They're stuck."
- Yue: "Why?"
- Eriol: "Well, because no is able to defeat him. He has the D title, after all.The association was hiding that relic, which means it was probably taboo. They're afraid of both his powers and the relic. That's why there is nothing they can do because of his strength."
- Yue: "Just what can the relic do? Is it strong?"
- Eriol: "If you're asking whether it is much stronger than I am now, yes it is. The Li family attempted to discover the exact powers it holds but failed."
- Keroberos: "That's pretty serious if even they couldn't find out."
- Yue: "And our master. What of her?"
- Eriol: "Sakura doesn't rely on objects that someone else has made, nor is she even aware when she creates the cards that embody her magic. In other words: She has created her own magical objects."
- Keroberos: "Ah. Like when she had the ability to see the past, that was just her. She know she was doing it."
- Yue: "Why not say something sooner?"
- Eriol: "Sakura's power is tremendously strong, but it's also very chaotic. She is unable to control it most of the time. Additionally, I still don't have the faintest idea what Yuna D. Kaito wants from her. But if I had to hazard a guess,I'd say he's after Sakura's new Cards."
- Keroberos: "Right. I get not tellin' her any of this. But why not me and Yue?"
- Eriol: "Because the worry would have shown on your face, that she'd know something was wrong."
- Keroberos: "What!? Whatever! I have an awesome poker face!"
- Eriol: "Yes, you do. Yue, however, does not."
- Yue: "What?"
- Keroberos: "Yeah, that's true. He's terrible whenever it concerns Sakura."
- Yue: "Shut up."
- Keroberos: "Whoa! What the...? Eriol! Can't you fight back!!?"
- Yue: "We have to discern were the attacker is first."
- Eriol: "You needn't do anything.The assailant is targeting me."
- Keroberos: "Duh, that's why we gotta help you!!"
- Eriol: "Don't worry. I'll do everything I can from here. Watch over Sakura and Syaoran Li. Please help them."
- Kaito: "I expected no less of Mr. Eriol. I always wondered why they say he is one of the most powerful of living magicians. And now I know. This watch, which has remained intact all this time, has finally broken. Still, I will obtain these new Cards. Then I can use the relic I took from the association, and activate that magic spell."
- Sakura: "I thought it might be able to copy magic, too. I can't believe it worked!"
- Syaoran (thinking): Of course it worked. Our magic is just that strong. Mother and Hirragizawa said the same thing: 'A power that is too strong will only bring unhappiness to its owner.' Even though that's not something you want."
- Sakura: "Syaoran?"
- Syaoran: "No matter what, I'll make sure you're never unhappy."