|Sakura and the Blacked Out School Arts Festival|
|Season 2, Episode 42|
|Air date||May 25, 1999|
|Cards Captured|| The Light|
Sakura, Syaoran, and the Sea of Sand
Sakura's Farewell to Meiling
Sakura and the Blacked Out School Arts Festival (さくらのまっくら学芸会, Sakura no Makkura Gakugeikai) is the 42nd episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "A Strange Intermission".
The day of the school play is finally here, and Sakura and Meiling are ready to go, while Syaoran is worried about playing as the princess. As the play begins, everyone seems to be pulling off their parts greatly, including Syaoran. Things are going great until the climax of the play, when all of a sudden the entire room goes dark. Sakura tries to find people, but they're in nothing but darkness. She begins to get discouraged, but when she manages to cheer herself up, the Light Card, which was inside Sakura since she broke the seal, reveals itself with its twin, the Dark Card. However, instead of attacking like other Clow Cards, the Light and Dark congratulate her on her journey as well about a mysterious being named Yue.
Featured Clothes and Costumes
- Syaoran: Why do I have to wear something so fluffy?!
- Tomoyo: Because you're the princess?
- Rika: (acting) The only thing that can awaken the princess...
- Chiharu: (acting) ...is a kiss from someone who truly loves the princess.
- Naoko: (acting) If you can truly love her, then a kiss...
- Sakura: (acting) Yes.
- Kero: Oh, this is a good scene.
- Meiling: (thinking) Ooh! If only I was the prince!
- Touya: T-They can't really be doing it...!?
- Kero: This presence...!!
(Sakura pushes Syaoran away)
- This episode, along with Episodes 1, 4, 15, and 31, feature the capture of two Clow Cards instead of one.