|Sakura and the Enchanted Cards|
|Season 1, Episode 28|
|Air date||November 3, 1998|
|Cards Captured||The Shot|
Sakura and the Shrine of Memories
Sakura's Sweet Cooking
Sakura and the Enchanted Cards (さくらとおまじないカード, Sakura to Omajinai Kādo) is the 28th episode of the Cardcaptor Sakura anime. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Buyer Beware".
The latest craze at school are special cards that apparently make you excel in whatever you desire. When Sakura takes a look at one of the cards, she notices that they look like the Clow Cards. Sakura and Tomoyo stop at the store that sells them and Sakura tries to buy a card for cooking, but they won't have it until the next day. The next day at the store, Sakura senses a Clow Card, but the feeling goes away suddenly. It turns out that Meiling just bought the Shot Card, a real Clow Card. Kero says that the card is extremely dangerous and she must seal it immediately. Sakura tells Syaoran of the danger and they head out to find Meiling. Meanwhile, Meiling accidentally activates the card, and Syaoran is injured. Sakura comes up with a plan, and successfully captures the Shot.
- Kero: (about Meiling) Women are such a hassle when they're in love.
- Touya: Oh, I'm going to take one of these!
- Sakura: Big brother! That's bad manners!
- Touya: You made these?
- Sakura: Dad did.
- Touya: Then they're safe!
- Sakura: What's that suppose to mean!?
Differences between Cardcaptor Sakura and Cardcaptors
- The way the shot card is activated and then targets a specific person was changed between versions. In the original Japanese version, you say out who you think needs to be shot. In the dub, you just say its name out loud while holding it, and then the first person it sees becomes the target.
- A flashback to Sakura capturing the Jump Card was added.
- In the Nelvana Cardcaptors dub, Sakura refers to the cards at Maki/Maggie's shop as the "hottest thing since Furry Babies" while she was talking to Kero, potentially a reference/spoof of Beanie Babies and Furbys.