|Sakura and the Snowy New School Term|
|Season 2, Episode 1 (36)|
|Air date||April 6, 1999|
|Cards Captured||The Snow|
Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie
Sakura and Tomoyo's Lost Voice
Sakura and the Snowy New School Term (さくらと雪の新学期, Sakura to Yuki no Shingakki) is the 36th episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. This is the premiere of season two, preceded by the first feature movie.
The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Stormy Weather".
The new school year has begun and things begin looking up when Yukito gives Sakura a birthday present, and Ms.Mizuki turns out to be the new homeroom teacher. During school, it begins to snow and is still snowing on the way home from school. After school, Sakura unwraps the gift and finds out that it is a wristwatch. Sakura is cooking and hears Touya back from school.
When Touya comes home she finds out that the snow is suddenly three feet deep. It turns out to be the work of the Snow card. Sakura, Tomoyo, and Kero head to the park where they run into Syaoran and Meiling. The card begins to attack Sakura and Syaoran, but leaves Tomoyo and Meiling alone. Sakura and Syaoran lead the card, and when Sakura loses her new watch in the snow, she melts the Snow card using the Firey.
- * These cards' capture was not shown in the series, although they were mentioned briefly at the beginning of the episode.
Featured Clothes and Costumes
- Syaoran: Yeah, but I couldn't sense it until all of this happened.
- Sakura: Me neither. But, Ms. Mizuki was saying how something very pretty was going to fall, and she seemed to know this much was going to pile up, too.
- Kero: Like she knew it was a Clow Card doing it from the beginning?
- Syaoran: It seems that teacher is no ordinary person after all.
- While there was initially thought to have a plot hole in this episode where Sakura calls in Firey to melt all the snow as melting that amount would flood the entire city, this is not the case as it is assumed Firey's power is intense enough to melt and evaporate all the snow in an instant. With the state of Sakura's emotions (anger) at the time, this is plausible.