|Magic Type||Eastern Magic|
It is also one of the original nineteen cards from the manga series.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Magic and Abilities
- 5 History in the Anime
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
The Wood appears as a beautiful, young woman with flowing hair with a leafy symbol on her forehead. In the manga, she appears tall, her body is mostly naked and heavily decorated with flora. She has leafy, wing-like ears with frond-like wings on her back. In the Anime, her physical form is rather small; and she has a large, bushy ruff of foliage with long vines extending from it.
As a Sakura Card in the manga, she has a star on her chest and three stars on each ear.
Wood's personality is described as similar to Windy; she is one of the most gentle and docile cards and of the only few to be sealed of her own will. However, it seems that she can act wildly, spreading her magic everywhere when agitated by The Rain's influence.
- Sakura's Tiring Sunday (first appearance)
Clear Card Arc 2
Magic and Abilities
Plant Magic: Wood has the power to manipulate and generate rampant vines, bushes, and branches to ensnare at the command of her master. Due to the elemental order, according to Chinese Magic, Wood was even powerful enough to defeat Earthy.
Geomancy: All Clow Cards have the ability to help their user predict the future. Their method of fortune-telling is similar to that of tarot cards. The interpretation of the message the Clow Cards relay depends on the magical power of the user.
History in the Anime
In Episode 4 of the anime, Sakura simply finds Wood in card form in her basement, but she forgets to sign her name on the card, leading to Wood's escaping and ransacking Sakura's house.
Although in the manga, Wood's capture is not seen, it is said that she returned to the book on her own, like The Windy card (volume 1).
Sakura uses Wood in Episode 15 to cushion the descent of Akane, who had been whisked into the air by The Float. In the manga, Sakura tries to use Wood to find a way out of Dark's magic, but it doesn't work.
Sakura, even after the use of many other cards, could not capture The Earthy; but in accordance with the Chinese balance of five elements, wood is superior to earth, so The Wood was able to overpower Earthy.
In Episode 67 of the anime/Volume 10 (Chapter 42) of the manga, Sakura used Wood to constrain a magical horse that was attacking her, but it was quickly overpowered.
Clear Cards arc
Wood, like the other Sakura Cards, turned "clear" (blank) and are rendered powerless.
It is later revealed that the Cards were with Syaoran, who knew that Sakura's magical powers had grown enormously and that this could be detrimental to her. The Cards, moved by their love for Sakura and their desire to protect her, left with Syaoran through a spell arranged by his mother to prevent Sakura's powers from growing further while creating the Clear Cards.
Appearances in Other Media
- It is notable that the Wood is one of three cards Sakura never had to leave her house to find, the others being Windy, who she already had in her hand, and Rain, who was hidden under Sakura's father's desk in his library.
- Wood may be based on the dryads of Greek mythology. Nature Spirits whose life forces are connected to their respective trees.
- In the anime, Wood reverted to card form of her own accord; Sakura didn't have to use the sealing wand. In the manga, The Windy is sealed in a very similar fashion.
- The kanji at the top of the card: 樹, (Pronounced 'Ju') means 'timber', 'trees' and 'wood' in Japanese.
- CardCaptor Sakura Anime: Episode 5
- CardCaptor Sakura Anime: Episode 15
- CardCaptor Sakura Anime: Episode 45
- Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card